Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thaipusam 2011



And so the Year 2011 has come and started.. I don't think I have enough viewers to even say Happy new year to.. but for those that view.. me included.. Happy New year to you!

Anyways I covered Thaipusam 2011 which incidentally falls on my 25th birthday. Almost 24 hours of shooting in Little India and Farrer park and over 800 images from the day. I've still not gone through everything.

Seeing this spectacle of human strength and endurance was a mixture of feelings.. definitely pain and happiness. I saw a boy grow into a man. His untouched skin pierced, his eyes grew watery but he walked the walk and I felt the pride of a parent seeing their child take their first steps.

The experience was exotic so to say and I will definitely come again if time permits. I think the next one to watch out for would be the fire walking procession?

Anyway, here is a link to my gallery of Thaipusam photos for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment