Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Home coming

I know most photographers always have the dilemma of figuring out where to go to shoot. I am severely guilty of this as for the past 2 years traveled extensively around Singapore, exploring places to shoot.

But you don't have to go far. More often than not, you already have 10 photographic opportunities waiting for you at the very place you're at. With that thinking, we can come to a great eureka that.. Perhaps there is great places to shoot around where we live!

With the help of certain devices.. such as Google Earth, you can find out interesting locations just by browsing around.






The above shot was found while cycling around my neighbourhood one day. Although it took me climbing into a dirty canal filled with green slime to find this scene, it is a great capture at something abnormal in a normal neighbourhood context.

So my advice to you is, start exploring! Get yourself a bicycle and just ride around. It'll do you good in the fitness and tummy trimming and you can get some fresh air that you so desperately need after hours on the computer.

I should say that, great locations can be sought out from just going high enough to see everything. I normally scout out tall buildings for this purpose to see where the sun sets and rises. This naturally points me in the direction of new places to shoot.

Hope this little post helps you in finding places to shoot instead of the week in week out "Merlion Park Sunrise" routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment